The Pros and Cons of Domiciliary Care
Ever wondered if domiciliary care is right for yourself or a loved one? As well as the option to live independently with peace of mind, home care has a plethora of benefits ranging from economical to financial.
As a leading local provider of home care, we’ve outlined some advantages, and disadvantages, below:
The advantages of Home Care Services
- Independence: Home care whether it’s 24-hour or sleep-over services allow older people to stay in their own homes for longer.
- More time at home: Home care may prevent, or delay, a move into a care home or sheltered housing.
- Community matters: You can maintain contact with friends and your local community.
- Peace of mind: Services ensure you or your loved one is being looked after and aren’t alone.
- Flexibility: Home care services are flexible and you can have as little, or as much, help as you need. Also, care can be tailored to suit your needs.
- Care responsibility: Home care providers, like Homecare Gurus, are responsible for vetting staff and will cover absences if necessary; meaning you don’t have to worry.
- Duty of care: Local authorities have a duty of care to provide help to those with eligible needs.
- Trust: Care providers must be registered with national regulators who check that they are working to set standards and, in England, rate their services.
- Cost: Receiving care at home might be a lot cheaper than moving into a care home, depending on the amount of care needed.
- Pets: You can continue to live with your beloved pets.
The disadvantages of Home Care Services
- Carers aren’t around 24/7, unless you have a live-in carer.
- Different staff: although the aim is usually to provide consistency of care, sometimes different staff may be used in times of staff sickness, holiday or when there is a shortage of carers.
Want to find out more? We’re always happy to talk about how home care could benefit you – and our professional team are always on hand to help. Check out our services or give us a call us on: 0800 448 0521.